Thursday, May 31, 2012

Top 20 movies revisited

Okay, back in November, I published a list of my top 20 favorite movies of all time and while I would never say that I didn't like the movies I listed, I would say that I have done a bit of fine-tuning in the time between then and now. Having said that, these are my new top 20 favorite movies of all time. The list is largely unchanged, but there have been some movies that I have seen lately that I have really enjoyed and appreciated. Some of them I have even written reviews for on this blog, so it won't really come as a shock to anyone when they see it on here. Others, I'm just kind of ashamed that I never considered them when I was first putting the list together. Anyway, without more ado, here are my revised top 20 favorite movies

1.     Goodfellas (Martin Scorsese)
2.     Godfather’s 1 and 2 (Francis Ford Coppola)
3.     Saving Private Ryan (Stephen Spielberg)
4.     The Dark Knight/ Inception/ Memento (Christopher Nolan)
5.     Silence of the Lambs (Jonathan Demme)
6.     Lord of the Rings (all of them) (Peter Jackson)
7.     Mystic River (Clint Eastwood)
8.     Nightmare Before Christmas (Henry Selick)
9.     Fight Club (David Fincher)
10. Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino)
11. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Tim Burton)
12. Edward Scissorhands (Tim Burton)
13. Scarface (Brian De Palma)
14. Bladerunner (Ridley Scott)
15. Braveheart (Mel Gibson)
16. Star Wars 4-6 (George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Richard Marquand)
17. The Shining (Stanley Kubrick)
18. The Cabin in the Woods (Drew Goddard/ Joss Whedon)
19. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (Tomas Alfredson)
20. Coriolanus (Ralph Fiennes)

No comments:

Post a Comment