Monday, February 25, 2013

2013 Oscar Reactions

It's that time of year again, that time when people yell at their TV's about how corrupt and liberal Hollywood is... Actually, come to think of it, there was only one time where I thought that, and it was at a pretty obvious moment. I don't really even need to say it because you probably thought that too, but we'll get to that later. The Academy Awards have now past and it's now my job to tell you who should have won.

Best Supporting Actor.

Who won: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained
Who should have won: Christoph Waltz actually. I was betting that either him or Tommy Lee Jones would get it. Being that all of the people who were nominated tonight had at least one other Oscar back at home, the competition was fair game for this category, and I don't think that any of them winning would cause controversy or hate.

Best Supporting Actress

Who won: Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables
Who should have won: Kristen Stewart... I couldn't even type that with a straight face. Anne Hathaway, because she is an angel. Moving on

Best Actress

Who won: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Who should have won: Anybody but the kid. All the other actresses were seasoned and had years and years of training and preparation and the 9 year old just came out of nowhere. I don't doubt that she had a good preformance, but I think she has to work more before she gets the trophy. And if I have to be honest, I was really pulling for Jessica Chastain, who has really become one of my favorite actresses

Best Actor

Who won: Daniel Day Lewis, Lincoln
Who should have won: Personally, I was rooting for Hugh Jackman, since this was his first nomination and it was for doing what he does best. Though again, I don't have any gripes about Daniel Day Lewis winning because apart from being one of the best actors ever, he gave a superb portrayal as Abraham Lincoln

Best Screenplay

Who won: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained
Who should have won: Again, no argument here... Did Oscar get it right this year?


So that's the first bit of my Oscar reaction, I'll give you the rest tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment