Friday, May 4, 2012

THE AVENGERS

Do you really have to ask?

THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!! Let's face it, in the past decade, we've had a lot of movies that we got our hopes up for, and they turned out to suck. With The Avengers, this is not the case, the movie lives up to every bit of hype that has been created for this movie since Iron Man came out. I'll be honest, when Nick Fury said "I'm here to talk about the Avengers Initiative", I thought it was going to be one of those movies that would ultimately fail to come to fluition. I always imagined the studio coming up with an excuse like "We couldn't find a director, the cast wasn't able to come together, it was just getting too expensive". But there was a moment when the movie started where I seriously asked myself "Wait a minute... Am I seriously watching The Avengers?"

Do I even need to talk about the story? Well no, being that this is a blog and not a book report, but I guess I'll talk about it a little. The exiled demigod Loki has come to earth in hopes of finding the cosmic cube (the blue cube thing from Captain America). There was another name for the cosmic cube, but it's hard to spell, and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, so I won't even try. Along the way, Loki has befriended a race of aliens, whose name is also hard to spell (give me a break, I went to the midnight showing and am now writing this at 7:30 the next morning), who have said that they will help him conquer earth if they can get their hands on the cube. Following Loki's arrival, Nick Fury calls in the heroes that we've spent the past 5 movies developing and getting to know, and I'm not going to list them here. Not because their names are hard to spell, but because if you really don't know who they are, I would invite you to kiss it. And that's about as much of the story as I am willing to divulge here. I know that I tend to be unapologetic when it comes to spoilers, but I have to make exceptions because I really want you guys to see this movie. The action is awesome, and Joss Whedon's script has quite a few (intentionally) funny moments involving the interactions between these characters. I would say that the best parts are when these characters are just working off of each other, both in fights and in witty exchanges. I would say that the best moment (in my own opinion) would be the part where they are finally standing as one huge group and the camera pans around them as you see them prepare for the fight thats about to come (it was in the last trailer). What were my other favorite moments? Well, pretty much any scene with Iron Man, because let's face it, Robert Downey Jr has enough swag that he alone could have saved the earth.

Final Grade: A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

P.S- Stay until the end of the credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment