Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

So if you know me, you would know that I have been more than looking forward to this movie. I've been a Batman fan pretty much since day 1, and like most fans, I have been enjoying the shit out of these movies directed by Christopher Nolan. Batman Begins was just plain awesome and The Dark Knight is one of my personal favorite movies. So how does The Dark Knight Rises fair? Well, if you haven't been a fan of the trilogy, Rises is not likely to impress you. If you have been liking the trilogy, however, then this is a more than satisfying conclusion. Much like Cabin in the Woods, there isn't a whole lot that I can say about this movie on here without giving too much away, but I will include a list of things you will get to see in a spoilers section if you feel so bold. Tom Hardy as Bane commanded the screen in every scene he was in, Anne Hathaway again proved to all the naysayers that we should all just trust Nolan when he casts somebody, and even Joseph Gordon Levitt got to shine as the newbie in Commissioner Gordon's unit. As if I even need to talk about all the returning cast members, you all know how they did. They were excellent in their roles the first two times around and were nothing short of that again. Seriously, there is alot more that I would like to talk about in terms of story and twists, but that would seriously be giving away a huge chunk and cause people to hate me... Moreso.

Final Grade: A+








SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Okay, if you want to know what you are getting into with this movie, here is a quick list of what will be in the movie.

Talia Al Ghul
Bane breaking Batman's back
A Liam Neeson cameo
The supposed death of Batman
Brief return of Scarecrow

No comments:

Post a Comment