Monday, November 21, 2011

Die Hard

Don’t worry, I haven’t taken a departure from the Christmas movies list, I’m just adding another entry: Die Hard! If you read my review of Elf, you knew this was coming. Dude, don’t even get me started if you don’t think this counts. It takes place on Christmas Eve, during a Christmas party, and it features Christmas music during the end credits. Ergo, it’s a Christmas movie! And f&^% all yee who say otherwise! It may work as just your regular action movie, but watch it during the holidays. Trust me, it’s going to kick ass! You may want to make the argument that this is an action movie first and a Christmas movie second, but I ask you this: Do I sound like the kind of person that gives a crap?

Honestly, what’s not to love about this movie? Great action, great story, some of the best dialogue that you will ever hear in an action movie and to top it off, you’ve got two great actors doing what they do best. Bruce Willis is being awesome and sarcastic while Alan Rickman is being awesome and creepy. Did I mention they are both awesome? Not a whole lot else to say except that it’s freaking Die Hard! I should have just ended this review after the first sentence. Normally I would say that if you haven’t seen this, check it out. This time, I’m going to say that if you haven’t seen it… What the hell is wrong with you?! Especially if you saw Live Free Die Hard. Not seeing any of them, I can understand. But seeing the fourth one before you see the first one? That should be added to the list of crimes that are punishable by immolation! It’s one of the best action movies in existence, if not the best! Even today, more than twenty years after it was released, the action still holds up and it is still as awesome now as it was then! I could go on, but my doctor told me that if I carry on like this, I might die from overexposure to awesomeness. So to end, I’d like to give you my final grade of this movie.
Final Grade: A freaking plus!
Yours truly,
MP

No comments:

Post a Comment