Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hero of the Day- Luke Skywalker


I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father.

What better way to start off a month of heroism than with one of the most iconic, noble heroes of all time? And what an even better way to start this off than with one of my personal childhood heroes? For those of you who don't know me outside of the realm of cyberspace, you should know that I am a huge Star Wars nut, and have been for the better part of my life. So I don't even have a choice, I have to put Luke Skywalker on here. Luke is a classic hero, and his image has become a staple of pop culture. Even those that aren't familiar with Star Wars at least know who this guy is. Luke's journey from the deserts of Tatooine to the swamps of Dagohbah to the throne room of the emperor is a classic one and deserves to be seen by all. He started out as a simple farm boy and grew up to become one of the most powerful figures in the galaxy, he went from killing rats with his T-16 to killing storm troopers with a laser sword. That is quite the transition if you ask me. It's also interesting to see the emotional journey that he embarked upon. He may have started out whining, but he learned from his mistakes, built off of them and used his experiences to better prepare himself for that inevitable confrontation with the Emperor. Luke is a great hero with a classic journey that we all wish we could jump into the screen and be apart of. At least I do. What isn't cool about flying an X-Wing?

No comments:

Post a Comment