Thursday, October 4, 2012

Villain of the Day- October 3rd


Ravenna
Okay, I'll be honest, I never got to reviewing this movie, but here's the long and short of it: I can't really decide if I think this movie was really cool or just okay. It had it's good parts, but it also had its weaknesses. One of the good parts, I will say, is Charlize Theron's performance as the evil queen. Most people misjudge her at the beginning because of how hot she is, but then it turns out that she sold her soul for other worldly powers and eternal youth or some crap like that and now she has to suck the life out of younger women in order to keep her youthful appearance. That's pretty awesome. This is one of the parts of the movie that I will say I do like in terms of adding their own spin on a fairy tale. It expands her motivations beyond "I just want to be the hottest in town because, you know, I'm bitchy like that". Being that the movie wasn't all that deep, I can't really say much about her character or her motivations the way I could with the last few, but I still think Charlize Theron's performance is one that is worth noting. The only real problem that I have with it is that we're supposed to believe that Kristen Stewart is going to one day be hotter than Charlize Theron? I'll call BS on that!

Lips red as blood, hair black as night, bring me your heart, my dear, dear Snow White. 

No comments:

Post a Comment