Sunday, December 11, 2011

Movies that I am excited to see next year

I know it's a little early to do this sort of thing, but I'm taking a break from studying for finals and thought I would do this. These are the movies that I am most excited to see in 2012. When I was putting this together, I realized very quickly that 2012 will be the year of the geek. Sure, we had a lot of good comic book movies come out this year, but 2012 is going to have some of the most anticipated movies in a long time.

  • Skyfall- For a while, there was talk of abandoning the James Bond movie franchise. Thankfully no such thing has happened yet and the 23rd installment of the franchise is due out November of next year
  • The Woman in Black- Daniel Radcliffe's first major role since leaving Harry Potter behind, and it is based off of one of the creepiest ghost stories of all time. I recently read the book and it really did creep me out quite a bit. This movie is due out in February of next year
  • Ted- Mark Wahlberg plays a man who wished his teddy bear to life when he was a boy. Unfortunately, he is now in his thirties and the bear is still following him. It is directed by Seth MacFarlane who is better known for creating Family Guy and I'm kind of excited to see this. My guess is that this one will be out around summer.
  • Prometheus- Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define by making a prequel to the first Alien movie. This will be his first sci-fi movie since Bladerunner and to say I'm excited to see this will be the understatement of the month. Release date is in June of next year
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey- After years of hanging out in film limbo, the Hobbit movie is finally being made and by Peter Jackson, thank God. If you were like me, you have been keeping your fingers crossed about this movie since Return of the King came out. This one is out around Christmas time, so the year will probably end on a high note.
  • Django Unchained- Quentin Tarantino doing a western. No more need be said.
  • Coriolanus- Ralph Fiennes doing a modern day adaptation of one of Shakespeare's plays. And Gerard Butler is in it, as well as war, explosions and death. You would have to pay me to stay away from this movie.
  • The Avengers- Kind of a no-brainer. They've built it up so much over the past few years, it's almost impossible not to be excited for this movie. Though to be honest, there was a period of time where I thought they wouldn't do it. It sounded like one of those projects where people would get really excited and then the studio would find some excuse like not being able to find a director or the cast couldn't get together. No matter, it's finally happening and I am absolutely psyched to see it.
Those are some pretty big movies. Now what could possibly top them in terms of excitement? I'll tell you after I hit the "Enter" button multiple times for the sole purpose of building suspense...

































  • The Dark Knight Rises- What's that? You didn't know I was hyped for this one? Away with you then! You cursed wretch of a being! May thou call the pits of Hell thine home! Seriously though, I am extremely excited to see this one. I've already got my t-shirt to wear to the premiere. That's right, I'm gearing up for the premiere and we haven't even seen a full trailer! I saw the midnight premiere of the last movie, and for this one, I'm sparing no expense, I'm going to go IMAX for this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment