Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hero of the Day- Audie Murphy


There's a bit of a story on how I ended up putting this guy on here. But it's really long, involves a law suit, a maiming of a small child, and my house being burned to the ground, so I won't get into that. What I will say is that I have a friend who really likes this guy, and I added him here to shut him up. With that out of the way, let's proceed.

So Audie Murphy was apparently a soldier who fought in World War II and enlisted at a very young age. While serving his country, he did some really awesome stuff, killed a shitzillion germans and won the congressional medal of honor (among other awards), all while looking like a 13 year old. Look at that picture! He looks like a 7th grader! Part of me thinks he may have had a hard time walking around with all of those medals. The story is a bit more complicated than that, but I hate people dictating what I should write, so I'm going to make this as short as possible. Years later, there was going to be a movie made about him, and he expressed interest in possibly playing himself. Unfortunately, the studio didn't think that he looked the part... of himself... Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment