Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hero of the Day- Batman


I am vengeance. I am the night! I am Batman!
Earlier this month, I had said that there would be one more childhood hero of mine on this list, and here it is: Batman, the caped crusader, the world's greatest detective, one of the greatest superheroes of all time. A lot of people thought that Superman was supposed to represent the everyman, but I think Batman is a better representative considering that he has no powers, just some really awesome and expensive crap. Along with having a cool arsenal of gadgets, Batman also has some of the greatest villains of all time, and over the years they have all become more 3 dimensional. Some of them have become more of a shakespearean tragedy than an actual villain which makes the stories more engaging and even a bit darker. That is another thing that sets Batman apart from other superheroes is that Batman is one of the only heroes whose movies involve a dark story with complex characters. I never read any of the comics, but I watched the animated series when I was a kid, and I freaking loved it. I still would love it if I found a channel that showed it. Something else that Batman has going for him is that in the last few years, he has proven to be a gold mine in terms of entertainment. The recent movies with Christian Bale have grossed a butt load of money, the animated series is known as being one of the best superhero shows of all time, and even the video games Arkham Asylum and Arkham City have made a lot of money and gotten a lot of popularity. What do I specifically like about this hero? Just about everything. I love what he stands for, I love his approach, I love that he has had to deal with crap that a lot of heroes don't always have to deal with (do the people really need him? Is he doing more harm than good?)

No comments:

Post a Comment