Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hero of the Day- The Dude


The Dude abides
Today's hero is The Dude, man. Why? Because he's The Dude! He's laid back, he's cool. And he will not stand for somebody peeing on his rug. That aggression will not stand, man. Seriously, that rug really tied the room together, man.

Okay, maybe the Dude is a bit of an odd choice for this list considering who I have included here and who I will include, but the fact of the matter is that he is a classic cult icon. Everybody who has seen The Big Lebowski knows his image, as well as his signature catchphrase "The Dude abides" to which The Stranger says that those are words we can all take comfort in. It remains as one of my favorite quotes of all time, and The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite comedies. Kind of something odd that I have noticed is that when it comes to cult movies, The Big Lebowski has one of the most devoted groups of fans. I think only Bladerunner rivals it.

No comments:

Post a Comment