Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Hobbit and Dark Knight Rises Trailer thoughts

What a week it has been! First, we have Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Sherlock Holmes, AND The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo being released in theaters, and now we have BOTH trailers for The Hobbit and The Dark Knight Rises hitting the web within days of each other. So now, we are going to talk about them.


The Dark Knight Rises- You already know my thoughts about the prologue clip, but now I am even more hyped thanks to the trailer. We definitely get the feeling that this will not only be the finale but that shit is going to get real in this movie. We see an entire football field collapse as a player is running for a touchdown! How much more epic can you get?! For those of you who are suspicious about Anne Hathaway being Catwoman, I hope this trailer will make you feel better. From what I saw, I think she can pull it off. Perhaps not to the degree that Heath Ledger did with the Joker, but I think she will hold her own. I also mentioned that in the prologue, many made the comment that Bane's voice was less than clear. Again, based on this trailer, I think we will have little to worry about when it comes to that. For those of you who have previous-level hearing, the one thing that Bane says is this: "When Gotham is in ashes, you will then have my permission to die" Did I mention it looked like he was saying this to Bruce Wayne? I thought I was having a seizure, that's how many chills were going down my back when I heard that.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey- The only problem that I have with this trailer is this: I HAVE TO WAIT AN ENTIRE DAMN YEAR BEFORE I GET TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! I had a friend of mine (who is not a Tolkein geek mind you) say this was a little underwhelming. A pox on him! This was enough to convince us fans this much: This story is in good hands, you have nothing to worry about. Ian McKellen is back as Gandalf, Peter Jackson is back as director, Andy Serkis is back as Gollum (we see him in this trailer too!), the dwarves all look like I pictured them in the book, and even Galadriel made an appearance. On IMDB, it said that even Elrond and Saruman will pop in to say hi as well. I don't know how that will work, but I love both those characters, and would love to see them again. Is there a skeptic out there about this movie being good? What more do you need to put your mind at peace?

In both of these cases, I think things are looking good. These are both movies that I have been waiting forever to see, and it looks like they will do anything but disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment