Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Top Ten Favorite Directors

These are the ten directors who I get excited for when I see their name attached to a movie. I would like to start this out by saying that there are directors who I like but won't be making this list for one reason: They're dead. That doesn't mean I like them less, but in order for me to say they're my favorite, I want to be able to say that I can look forward to what they are going to make in the future. Directors like Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, Frank Capra and Orson Welles are the big ones that I am thinking about. I've liked what I have seen of their's but since they are no longer with us, I won't put them under "Favorites". That being said, let's get right into my favorite directors, and the movies that I like the most from them.

  1. Martin Scorsese- Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Hugo, The Departed
  2. Christopher Nolan- The Dark Knight, Inception, Memento
  3. Quentin Tarantino- Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs
  4. Joel and Ethan Coen- No Country for Old Men, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, True Grit
  5. Ridley Scott- Bladerunner, Alien, American Gangster
  6. David Fincher- Fight Club, Se7en, The Social Network
  7. Tim Burton- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Ed Wood, Batman
  8. Michael Mann- Heat, The Last of the Mohicans, Public Enemies
  9. Peter Jackson- The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  10. Clint Eastwood- Mystic River, Unforgiven, Gran Torino, Letters From Iwo Jima

No comments:

Post a Comment