- The Lion King- This was one of the first movies I ever saw in theaters, and for that, it has a special place in my heart.
- Aladdin- yet another great movie, Robin Williams as the genie is just fantastic
- The Great Mouse Detective- I never knew that Vincent Price was the villain until recently.
- Sword in the Stone- This is more for nostalgia purposes. I liked it as a kid and I like it now just thinking back on it.
- Fantasia-I actually like this one more now that I am older and can appreciate the music and the imagery that goes with it. The whole package is just amazing.
- Robin Hood- The idea of making Robin Hood a bunch of animals is pretty clever and they really make it work
- Toy Story- One of the first movies I can remember seeing in the theater. And the third movie I saw a week after graduating from high school. You bet your ass I was sappy when I saw the third movie!
- Ichabod and Mr. Toad- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow bit is a classic piece of animation
- Alice in Wonderland- Those of you who have seen me get quirky should probably know that I get a lot of inspiration from the characters in this movie. They are all hilarious, but you wonder if they are all there mentally.
- Peter Pan- Every boys day dream.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Top ten Disney movies
Over the years, one film studio has captured audiences the way no other studio could, and that studio is Walt Disney Pictures. Think about it, Disney has practically become their own genre. I have even heard people split movies up into lists of "Disney" and "Non-Disney". Some of the first movies we have ever seen have come from Disney, and that really says something. And the fact that they are reaching out to kids first and foremost and adults second, you really have to admire that, and admire it even more when they are able to make movies that reach across the table and are entertaining for everyone. So, here is my list of my top ten favorite Disney flicks. And this is the top ten that does not include The Nightmare Before Christmas. I think it's a little redundant to put it here because you all know that it's one of my favorite movies overall and would be taking the number 1 spot easily. Some of these I like because they still hold up and others I like because of nostalgia reasons.